Do you eat breakfast? I couldn’t imagine leave my house in the morning without one. For me breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I am not a “sweet tooth” but I love to start my morning with cup of coffee and sweet breakfast. Sweet doesn’t mean cookies or cakes! My absolutely favourite is Greek yogurt with berries and granola.
Yes granola, you can say easy choice- available in every shop. But have you ever read the label? Have you ever checked what is hiding inside?
I am fed up with market granolas as 90% of them are packed with sugar, glucose syrup or even worse – palm oil! Why? As we know granolas usually contain dry fruits which are sweet anyway.
I have trouble finding the perfect one for myself, but I found a solution! I make my own less sweet version. No more throwing away pieces of dry fruits which you didn’t like. Why not to design your own unique composition.
This is my idea – cheaper, easy and healthy alternative to market granola’s.
Prep: 5min Cook:15 min
What we need:
350-400g of whole rolled oats
1 cup of green tea
A few spoons of maple syrup or honey (optional)
1 cup of nuts (walnuts, almonds)
1 cup of seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, linseeds)
1 cup of dry unsweetened fruits (berries, mango)
1 tea spoon of cinnamon(optional)
- Boil the water and prepare a cup of green tea. When it’s ready add honey or maple syrup.
- Heat oven to 180C/200C fan or 180C hot air grilling.
- Put oat into a bowl, add cinnamon and our earlier prepared tea, stir gently. Tip the mixture on a baking paper on the baking tray. Bake around 15min till golden brown, stir gently every 5 min.
- Tip the nuts and seeds into a frying pan and heat gently. Stir frequently until they are starting to toast.
- When the oat is ready add toasted nuts, seeds, dry fruits.
- Serve the granola with milk or yogurt and season fruits.
- Store in a jar or cereals container.