This salad makes me humble! And it’s probably my favourite salad recipe just now. It’s light, fresh, spicy, sweet but still a bit savoury at the same time. Can be eaten at any time of the day and at any time of the year.
Great source of:
– protein- chicken breast, hummus, feta cheese
– good oils- avocado, extra virgin olive oil
– high in fibre- sweet potato, salad mix
Serve for 2| Prep 10 min|Total time 30min
1 medium size sweet potato & 1 chicken breast
1 packet of your favourite salad mix (baby spinach, rocket salad etc)
salad dressing – extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and green tabasco
2 table spoons of hummus (my choice jalapeno hummus)
30g of feta chees
Spices for chicken – sweet paprika, garlic, mix of herbal pepper, salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F scrub the sweet potato clean and chop it into small fry-like shape pieces. Place it in a roasting tray, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and bake for 25min; or until soft.
- Cut chicken breast into long straps, add spices and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, place it in a roasting tray and bake for 15 min.
- While waiting for chicken and sweet potato, place salad on the plates and add cut avocado.
- Prepare salad dressing- mixing together 1 tea spoon of extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and green tabasco.
- Once done toss sweet potato and chicken breast over the salad, crumble the feta over and drizzle with salad dressing.
- Serve with hummus and fresh grounded pepper.
Bon Appetit !